This completely updated chart defines asthma and discusses possible causes. The chart illustrates and describes what happens during an asthma attack, contrasts an affected bronchiole with a healthy bronchiole, and shows and describes how the lungs work.
A “Monitoring Your Asthma by Zone” chart matches various degrees of asthma symptoms with appropriate actions. Symptoms for adults and children are listed. Also included are common triggers and information on monitoring and managing asthma.
- Defines asthma and describes the stages of an asthma attack.
- Discusses who gets asthma and lists the common triggers of asthma as well as the signs and symptoms.
- Illustrates how the lung works, compares a normal bronchus to an asthmatic bronchus, and provides detail on an asthma attack and wheezing.
- Describes the types of asthma and illustrates extrinsic asthma by showing the process of developing an allergy through multiple exposures to an allergen and illustrates intrinsic asthma by showing irritants being exposed to an irritated bronchial tube.
- Size is 20 inches by 26 inches – Flexible plastic 1.5 mil lamination – Anatomical Chart.